Dear Friends, This post includes the current affairs on 26th August 2104. I hope You like this and share it on your time line.
Day To Day Current Affairs - 26th August 2014
1. Four new Governors appointed i. Kalyan Singh has been appointed Governor of Rajasthan ii. Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala appointed Governor of Karnataka iii. Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao has been appointed Governor of Maharashtra and iv. Mridula Sinha appointed Governor of Goa. ii. Maharashtra Governor's post fell vacant yesterday when incumbent K Sankaranarayanan resigned after he was transferred to Mizoram. iii. Post of the Governor of Karnataka has remained vacant since July end when former Law Minister H R Bhardwaj had completed his five year tenure while the post of Rajasthan Governor fell vacant after Margaret Alva completed her tenure early this month. iv. Goa Governor's post fell vacant when former SPG chief B V Wanchoo resigned last month.
2. Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit resigns i. Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit tendered her resignation on Tuesday, a day after she met President Pranab Mukherjee and Home Minister Rajnath Singh. ii. The former Delhi chief minister was appointed the Governor of Kerala by the UPA-II government about five months ago. iii. Ms. Dikshit said she will speak on the issue only after she gets an official word on the acceptance of the resignation.
3. EPFO retains interest rate on provident fund at 8.75% i. Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has decided to retain interest rate on provident fund at 8.75 percent for the current fiscal. ii. A decision in this regard was taken at the meeting of the Central Board of Trustees, the apex decision making body of the EPFO, in New Delhi today.
4. Indian origin Seema Malhotra appointed as Shadow Minister in U.K. i. Indian – Origin Seema Malhotra was appointed as Shadow Minister in U.K. on 25 August 2014. Seema Malhotra became the first MP from any party to be shadow Minister. ii. She belonged to Labour Party. Labour Party appointed Seema Malhotra to tackle domestic violence and related issues and to prevent violence against women and girls. iii. She will replace Helen Jones. Helen Jones resigned from the post of Shadow Minister in July 2014.
5. Shiv Nadar gets ICSI award for corporate governance i. Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has bestowed the ICSI Life Time Achievement Award 2013 for Excellence in Corporate Governance to HCL Founder and Chairman Shiv Nadar. ii. “HCL represents a culture of evolving globally acceptable standards of corporate governance. We are pleased to felicitate Nadar for his exemplary work in institution— building and good governance,” ICSI President CS R Sridharan said.
6. Ranjan Ben Bhatta is BJP's candidate for Vadodara LS seat i. BJP today announced the name of Vadodara deputy mayor Ranjan Ben Bhatta as its candidate for the Vadodara Lok Sabha seat vacated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. ii. The party also announced the name of local municipal corporator Suresh Patel as the candidate for the Maninagar Assembly constituency that Modi represented as Chief Minister of Gujarat. iii. It was widely speculated that BJP President Amit Shah would be fielded from the seat, but Shah has decided not to contest keeping in view the responsibility entrusted upon him in steering the party. iv. The party has also declared the name of local leader Prem Singh Shakya as the candidate for the Mainpuri Lok Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh vacated by SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
That's it for now Friends. Please take time to share this post also on you time lime as well. I always welcome updates, Suggestions and Modifications. Keep following me for regular updates.
Search My Name as " Gandhi Raveendra Reddy " in Facebook and Google , Add me as your friend and Keep Following me for Regular Updates on Bank Job Preparation.