Here I am posting 20 more English words and their means which will be useful to improve your vocabulary.
Please Share This On Your Time Line.
General English - 20 Important Words and Their Meanings On 6th August 2014
1. Confound – to frustrate, confuse
2. Connotation – a meaning or association suggested by a word beyond its definition
3. Contusion – bruise, injury
4. Convalescence – the gradual return to health after illness
5. Copious – abundant, plentiful
6. Corpulent – very fat
7. Cosmopolitan – worldly, sophisticated
8. Credulity – readiness to believe
9. Cursory – unmethodical, brief to the point of being superficial
10. Daft – silly, insane, foolish
11. Daunting – intimidating
12. Dearth – lack, scarcity
13. Defame – to destroy the reputation of
14. Deft – skilled, adept
15. Defunct – no longer used or existing
16. Deleterious – harmful
17. Delude – to deceive, mislead
18. Deluge – a great flood or something that overwhelms like a flood
19. Derelict – run-down, abandoned
20. Desolate – deserted, lifeless
That's it for today Friends. I hope you like this post.
Please take time to share this post also on you time lime as well.
I will post 20 more English Words tomorrow at 06:00 PM
I always welcome updates, Suggestions and Modifications. Keep following me for regular updates.
Search My Name as " Gandhi Raveendra Reddy " in Facebook and Google , Add me as your friend and Keep Following me for Regular Updates on Bank Job Preparation.
Thank You for being with me !!