Dear Friends, This post includes the current affairs on 1st September 2104. I hope You like this and share it on your time line.
Day To Day Current Affairs - 1st September 2014
1. Bapu, the artist, filmmaker, humourist passes away i. The 80-year-old Sattiraju Lakshminarayana, popularly known as Bapu, passed away in Chennai, the city that was home for him and his long-time friend Mullapudi Venkata Ramana, for over half a century. ii. The duo made some of the memorable works in Telugu literary world and film industry. He directed films such as Mutyala Muggu, Pelli Pustakam and Sampoorna Ramayanam. Ramana passed away three years ago, leaving his friend for 50 years alone. A loss Babu could not cope well. People close to him said half of him was gone with Ramana. iii. Bapu directed mythological and social genre movies in Telugu, Tamil and Hindi, with his friend Ramana taking care of the writing part. Known for depth and detail, his scripts reflected male chauvinism and untold sufferings of women.
2. A Nageswara Rao became first Indian actor to be honoured by US post sevice i. Indian Telugu Actor, Akkineni Nageswara Rao became the first Indian actor to be honoured with a postage stamp by the US Post Service (USPS). It was announced by the Akkineni Foundation of America (AFA) on 30 August 2014. ii. The stamp will be issued on the birth anniversary of Nageshwara Rao that is on 20 September 2014 in Dallas Texas. The AFA is planning to release the stamp in India on 17 December 2014 at the first International Akkineni Awards Ceremony being planned at ANR College, Andhra Pradesh.
3. Revived Nalanda University started its first session on 1 September 2014 i. The revived Nalanda University on 1 September 2014 started its first session with 15 students in its makeshift campus at the Buddhist pilgrim town of Rajgir, about 100 km from Patna. ii. The University started its first session 2014-15 with the classes for the School of Ecology and Environmental Studies and the School of Historical Studies. At present, the University has 10 faculty members. The University started its first session after completing the three-day orientation programme for students. iii. The formal inauguration of the University work will commence in mid-September, while the fully-residential university will be completed by 2020. Then it will have seven schools for post-graduate and doctoral students and will offer courses in science, philosophy and spirituality and social sciences. iv. In the process of enrolling, the University received applications from the US, Russia, England, Spain, Germany, Japan, Myanmar, Austria and Sri Lanka, among others, as also from West Asian and Southeast Asian countries.
Note: Nalanda University Vice-Chancellor - Gopa Sabharwal Chairman of the Governing Body of the university - Economist Amartya Sen
4. Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland set world record in womens hammer throw i. Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland on 31 August 2014 set world record in the womens hammer throw at the Internationales Stadionfest (ISTAF) Berlin Athletics meet at Berlin's Olympic stadium in Germany. ii. With a throw of 79.58 meters she improved the world record by 16 centimetres. iii. She broke the three year old world record of 79.42 meters set by Betty Heidler of Germany in May 2011 in Halle, Germany.
5. Jaipur Pink Panthers won the inaugural title of Pro Kabaddi League i. Jaipur Pink Panther (JPP) owned by Abhisek Bachchan on 31 August 2014 won the inaugural title of the Star Sports Pro Kabaddi League. To win its first title of the tournament, Jaipur Pink Panther defeated U Mumba 35-24 at the NSCI Stadium in Mumbai. ii. U Mumba that emerged as the runner up of the tournament is owned by Unilazer Sports.
6. Zimbabwe beat Australia for first time in 31 years i. In Cricket, hosts Zimbabwe defeated Australia by 3 wickets in the fourth match of the tri-nation series, also featuring South Africa. This is was Zimbabwe's first victory over Australia in 31 years. ii. Opting to bat first at the Harare Sports Club, Australia posted 209 for 9 in the stipulated 50 overs. Skipper Michael Clarke top scored with an unbeaten 68. iii. In reply, Zimbabwe overhauled the target with 2 overs to spare, courtesy captain Elton Chigumbura's battling 52 not out. He was adjudged man of the match.
That's it for now Friends. Please take time to share this post also on you time lime as well. I always welcome updates, Suggestions and Modifications. Keep following me for regular updates.
Search My Name as " Gandhi Raveendra Reddy " in Facebook and Google , Add me as your friend and Keep Following me for Regular Updates on Bank Job Preparation.